/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/good-neighbor.jpeg 612 816 Joel Vergouwe /wp-content/uploads/2015/03/SLF-Color.png Joel Vergouwe2021-11-17 20:22:292021-12-08 11:04:25A Fence that Keeps Everyone Happy
A Fence that Keeps Everyone Happy
Yes, there is such a thing as a “Good Neighbor” fence. If you plan to install a fence, it will certainly affect the neighbors within close vicinity to your property, so it is important to keep them in mind. These fences have a couple benefits:
- Looks attractive on both sides, rather than having unappealing backboards on one side.
- Allows wind to pass through and doesn’t obstruct views.
- Keeps the peace!
Follow these tips to build a “Good Neighbor” fence that will keep all parties happy.
- Communicate with your neighbors. Let those who share a property line with you know about your plans to build, including specific details. Click here for help on how to determine your property line.
- Research rules and regulations. Some areas may require costs to be shared if the fence falls directly on a property line. In this case, you may want to install the fence within the line so you have complete control.
- Use high quality materials, such as pressure-treated posts and rails. These will ensure that your fence lasts as long as possible.
- Take advantage of customization options. You may choose to have a shorter fence with spaces between rails, so that you still have some privacy without completely blocking the neighbors out.
- Never forget maintenance! Since your neighbors will have to look at your fence every day, keep it in solid condition and looking great.